Sunday, August 13, 2017

My experience as an IUP student


 The moment I arrived at IUP. I knew it was the school for me. I loved everything about it. My advisor was awesome and so did everyone at the international office. It didn’t take long for me to make some friends. Believe me they were mostly boys. Is it just me or is there other girls out there that have more male friends than girls? Well, that aside. I was the African queen on the block. The attention on me were fierce. I was attracting more international student and other students in the right way than I thought. You get the gist 😍!  Until I quickly realized that my time as the lazy queen is over.  I quickly realized that girl, you have to work on campus. I wasn’t looking forward to washing plates at Aramark nor serving table at the coffee shop on campus. But those were the case. Good thing I didn’t have to do any of that washing plate thing. I was lucky to have this female friend that helped me get a job at the gym. Heyyy! Talking about being at the right place, at right time and at the right party school.😏
                  My job at the gym was so fun. Ok let me go back to the academia part of why I was in Indiana University of Pennsylvania (IUP) in the first place. I was looking for a small school that will allow me to have as much face to face office hours as possible with my professor. As well as a school that I can afford. Not forgetting a school that will give me the kind of education that I want. Therefore, when I research about IUP, I was amazed at some many programs and benefits the offer at cheat cost. So I chose them.  Benefits like party! Duh! Lol.

                  Hold on, I know what some of you might be thinking, did they pay for this post. Nope! No one paid me. That would be nice if they did. Lol! Moving along, I was an exceptional student who party like no tomorrow. I was doing my class work while texting my friends where the nearest party will take place. Hahaha! I was a different kind of smart student. It was awesome. I enjoyed every bit of my stay there. However, there were some challenges. You have to read the next post for those challenges. Before I forget, the party life is over and done now because I am a mother to two beautiful kids.😎

Thanks
I am humble.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...