Sunday, August 13, 2017

Church as social gathering

Image result for churchI have attended several churches over the years to realized that this days people come to church for social gathering. Based on my experience with one or two churches that I have attended, I think I can speak on why I made this claims. Let say that I was in a church were woman do nothing but gossip. I strongly believe that most Africans in American literally take church as a place to meet and catch up. I don’t know if I should blame it on the society we are. However, I think people are pushing it too far. Most people I meet in these so-called churches at first comes off as holy and righteous but as times goes on, they exhibit some attitude that makes you wonder if salvation is just a hoax. The disrespect shown to what Christianity stand for is beyond me. I am not judging anybody because I am not perfect. But common! It is better to be in sin and wait till you have genuine repentance than pretend to people you are all righteous but your worse than the Satan itself.

                You won’t believe that I have been in  a church where women openly attack each other just because of their hatred for one another and still step on the alter to praise God. Like seriously! I have had friends that judged me about how immoral it is for me to wear makeup and weave. They even went as far as saying I will go to hell if I don’t stop it. This is true story. Guess what those same friends, three months after bashing me were seen wearing makeup, weave, pants and worse, some cladly outfit.  I have even seen worse than that.  But I am not going to get into that. My understanding about most church goers from African in America is that, their work and kids takes most of their social life. Therefore, they decides since they meet people of their background and culture in their church. Why not mingle. However, the problem with this kind of worship in church leads to confusion about Christianity. I say this because some people who do not have similar background as them but with the belief that they are in church to worship God often get disappointed. I am one of those people who was disappointed. Especially, when I taught worshiping with people of the same country will be more convenient but turns out it’s not.

                 How about the show of affluence from the African communities in church. Don’t even get me started. It has become a trend that in most Africa churches, the self-acclaimed rich members exhibit their so called wealth to intimidate others. I can tell you more disgusting attitude they showcase in African churches in America but I have to leave it right here. One thing I know is that, churches as a social gathering these days is turning people away from church  Then what is the point of salvation if people do not go to church to hear the word of God?. Talk about the end time. What is my own just giving you guys some hot gist.

Thanks
I am humble.


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God have mercyπŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™ it's better to stay home than look foolish in the presence of our God almighty...so sad😒😒😒

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...