Friday, September 8, 2017

The strength of African mothers



 Image result for African mothers
African mothers are selfless being. They will give up everything for their children. They starve so their kids will eat. They do it all. I am trying to flash back my memory to when I was a teenage girl back home. As a city girl, traveling to the village is always a blessing to me. I get to set my eyes on the rich culture of my village. While making those trips, I always see African mothers carrying their kids on their back while cultivating farm. It was such a powerful moment for me to witness that side of them. I didn’t really need a camera to capture those images. I saw them myself and they were unreal.

Additionally, African mothers are the most patient being on planet. Again in the rural area of my country, you see these mothers whose husbands are struggling to make earns meet, stick it out with their husband. They are fighters. They never complain. It almost unbelievable how loyal they are with their husbands. Oh how time flies. I remembered seeing my mother obey every instructions given to her by my dad. She was so submissive. You see back then, I couldn’t understand it. I couldn’t understand how someone will be so loyal to another all in the name of marriage. Thank goodness I do now. I understand now that marriage is a lot of work. Patience in marriage can go a long way. I know ladies nowadays do not want to hear the word loyal. The society has spin their head so much that they think that they are equal with their husbands. Therefore, if things doesn’t go their way, they get divorce.

Back to my beloved African mothers. African mothers are very hardworking and supportive. They mothers in the village work on farmlands and they ones in the city go either to market or to white collar jobs. After that, they come home, cook, clean, wash, care for their kids. They work 24 hours  day aand 365 days a year. No off day. Rather they’re always on overtime without pay. When their kids are sick they are sick. I wish I have enough words or the appropriate grammar to describe these mothers. It is a great honor for me to have an African mother and even greater honor to be one myself. I can go on and on about the strength and attributes of African mothers. I know I didn’t touch all bases. Believe me, when it comes to African mothers, you can never touch all bases with them. They are the greatest. I love you my African mothers. I pray that your daily hard work don’t cut your lives short. I wish to have you all live longer. If only our government can provide you with quality health care that will be a plus. I love you all my African mothers. This post is my little tribute to you all.


Thanks.
I am humble.
Photo credit: Wikimedia Commons

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...