Thursday, August 24, 2017

African time

Image result for time
African time is no joke. For real! If I have the opportunity to meet with whoever initiated that word and possibly made it a reality, I will asked him her this question. Really? Honestly, African time is factual. I am an African and I do not like African time. On my own account, I have tried several times to push back time each time I have an event or function and yet it's almost impossible to beat African time. Lina dear, if you are reading this post, I’m sure you will understand what I am talking about. By the way. Lina is my dearest friend. Hey Lina! 😍

Now, back to my story, I recently hosted my family and friends to a very special event in my house. Knowing what I know about Africa time, I opted to have my event at 3pm. That time to me was too early for that event but being that Africans will always be Africans, I chose 3pm so that their lateness will not overwhelm me. Funny enough my American friends that I invited to the event, showed up exactly 3pm. But they Africans 😠, they were coming in an hour to two hours late. Some even showed up when we were about to end the party. Not funny 😠.  Each has one excuse or the other. At that point, what can I do? I still need them for the party. For that event, the number of persons that shows up count. Mind you, this was not the only time I had played the waiting game for Africans. I wish we could stop it. However, I doubt if that will ever happen. I think it’s in our DNA or something.  According to my friend Lina, “if Jesus comes now, Africans will miss heaven because they are always late”. I concur.

Don't forget to comeback on Monday for more hot gist.

Thanks.
I am humble.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...