Monday, September 4, 2017

Must Read! Story time....



Image result for storytelling
This is funny. I just remembered something. Lol! I just remembered where my family and I used to live back home and the constant fight that takes place there. 😁! In fact, I thought fight and quarries where the only way of life. Literally! Lol. Boy! Women cannot seem to get along. Waking up as a kid in that compound was hell. In fact, we didn’t need the innocent cockcrows to wake us up. Our angry mothers do that for us. I am laughing because if I look back now, it was so stupid.

The funny thing about it is that, I do not know what makes them fight. Every day, every topic to fight and scream about. You will hear something like “you!... Do not eat in her house. The day I see you eat in her house, you are dead?” Like seriously, why do you the child, have to be dragged into their fight. But believe me, you do not want to disobey your Africa mother. If you do, just dig your grave because you are indeed dead. Lol. These women were bitter set of people back then. Quarries were the ideal meal. They live for quarries. I couldn’t be happier when we moved out of that crazy compound. I am just thankful that their quarries then were amusing to me, if not it would have rob off me and make me a bitter person. Thank God. 😅!

However, when I migrated to America, I was hoping to see at least one person quarrying with their neighbors. But nope! I couldn’t find any. What a different culture can make. I am happy anyway because Americans can’t really handle the kind of insults that comes of African mothers’ mouth. These insults are unfiltered and raw. Thanks for reading my story. What African story do you have to share? Tell us, we would like to hear it.

Thanks.
I am humble.
Photo credit: Flickr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...