Friday, August 25, 2017

The wait for food in African party!



 Image result for African food
I can count how many African parties that I have been to and all of them boils down to one thing. Which is, you can only eat food when the party is almost coming to an end. On the other hand, if you attend an American party, before they even start their event, you will see people with one plate of food or the other eating. Their own idea of eating before the start of an event is more so that people will be relaxed and properly enjoy their party with food in their stomach. That’s my friend is a good strategy. However, when you come over to an African party, the story is different. Africans wants you to wait for food until they have successfully gone down half of what is listed in the event program before you, their guest can eat. I will tell you one thing and one thing only why they use this method.

The reason the use this method is because in our African head, we believe that eating early on an event will make people full and as such exit the event. Please readers tell me if that is not a selfish reason. Why do guest have to starve to enjoy a party? I believe that if a party has a good content people will stay regardless. The idea that serving people food early will make them get up and leave is ridiculous. This can only happen if all the guest that attend that party are hungry people. Let me give you are good laugh. 😆! In some cases, African party food strategy is good in African. I say in Africa because in Africa, majority of the people that attend your event/party are uninvited. Therefore, dishing out food early in the party means the food will finish and most of your core guest will be left hungry. Prompting them to exit in anger. Lol!

Nevertheless, I don’t think that strategy is good because it often drive people mad due to intense hunger. Besides, not all guest come to a party with food in their belly. So to come to a party and wait almost an hour or more for food. Common! Is there diamond on gold in that food? I ask? Another thing that Africans do in their party during the dishing of food that get me angry is that method of serving your friends first. In African party, food can turn strangers into a server. Which automatically sets the whole party into confusion because you will see the self-appointed server, dishing food to her friends instead of the real guest at the party.  In my humble opinion, I think Africans should emulate the American style of food before party. This way people will stay happy and have a good time while at it.

Tell me, have you ever been to a party that waited too long to dish out food? When, where and what party is that? Leave a comment below.

Thanks.
I am humble.
Photo Credit: Wikimedia commons

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...