Monday, August 28, 2017

Goodness! She can lie…



 Image result for lies
There is only too much one can take before they lose it. This was exactly how I felt all through the time I had this beautiful girl as my friend. I just don’t understand chronic lairs. Thank goodness she’s out of my life now. She was suffocating my life with lies. I don’t know what kind of spirit that controls her but dang! She can lie. My friend is such a beautiful lady, however, what comes out of her mouth are all lies. I have asked her several times in the past why she lie the way she does. No answer you guessed it. The annoying part of the whole thing is that she doesn’t think that she’s a liar.  Even more annoying that her lies are petty lies.

Let me give you guys a particular scenario why I think that there is something wrong with my friend. On this faithful day in school. “We were taking a long walk from classroom to our department when I told my friend to accompany me to our professor’s office. For some reason we couldn’t make it that day. So I decided to reschedule it for the next day at 9:00am. The following day at 8:00am I quickly dressed up and took a taxi to her place. Meanwhile, on my way to her place, I called to confirm our appointment. Although, I called a night before because I know her. So when I called her while still in taxi, she told me she was home. Yey! I thought. Not until I arrived at her place that I realized she had went out. I picked up my phone and called her. I told her I’m in her home.” Guess what she told me? “She told me she’s at home. Like what? What home I asked and she replied me that it’s hers”….Say what? Please tell me, how difficulty can it be to locate someone in a two bedroom apartment? Like for real.

Boy! Did I scan through the whole house like a mouse. I thought to myself she has to be playing hide and seek. This girl kept playing with my head that day that it came to a point I started crying. I couldn’t understand what was going on. A senior year college girl like me was confused. Guys don’t think this is a joke. It was a serious matter. A lot went on that day. Something so simple quickly became traumatic. Just in a split second I thought there was something wrong with me mentally. I chose to discuss this particular incident because it left a terrible mark on me. If counseling was a thing back then in Nigeria, I would have gone for one. Fast forward, I left her. Her lies were silly but they were damaging and were getting to me. So I had to end that friendship.  Even her mom felt my pain that day. “Her own mother went as far as telling me to end my friendship with her daughter if I still want to keep my sanity.” This is no ordinary gist. This is true story. Writing this post brought back some horrible emotion that I’m working so hard to forget.

 Tell me have you ever had to rip off your head because someone test your intelligence with lies? Leave a comment below, I really what to know.

Thanks.
I am humble.
Photo credit: Wikimedia commons

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...