Friday, September 1, 2017

Chasing dollar



Image result for dollar
You will agree with me that money is good. Right? You will also agree with me that all work and no play leads to boring life. The rate at which most Africans chase this dollar is insane. I understand the demands for dollar in every area of our life. Example, you have to pay car loan, insurance bill, rent, mortgage, utility bill and also send home some bucks. However, I think if you work for it, you might as well spend it well.

What do I mean by this? You can hardly see an average Africans in America going for vacation every year. Africans do not know how to treat themselves after a long year of working. I think it is high time Africans start taking a valuable recreational vacation. Instead of zooming off to Africa where they show off their acquisition. My fellow Africans we need that vacation. We need to enjoy ourselves as well as spend quality time with our kids. What better way to do that but to surprise our kids with a trip to countries with beautiful islands and rich cultures. Some of the mistake I see most Africans do is, when they finally get a vacation time off from work, they travel back home. Trust me going back home is not a vacation. I see it as going to see family member. Don’t get me wrong, just that you will barely have the time to enjoy yourself. You will be called for to attend one need or the other. I advise rather, if you want to go for a vacation in Africa, go to a different country that is not yours that way you will enjoy your time without distraction. Make trip to your home country a visit home not vacation. To the kids yeah it a vacation but to you, heck no.

Furthermore, my fellow Africans, I think we need to pamper ourselves more. There is nothing wrong with taking a trip to the spa, massage parlor, acupuncture room and more. Chasing dollar without the benefit that comes with having the dollar is pointless. This is what life is about, quality life and not work, work and work. We are more concern about the cars we drive, the house we live in and the clothes and jewelries we wear. Those are good but they are some worth vanity. We need to care for ourselves more as opposed to dressing for others. Before, I go, I want to mention that not all Africans are about the dollar life without the fun. Some Africans who truly value their dollar spend it by having these luxury life that I mentioned above. (FYI you don’t need to be rich to live a luxury life). Luxury comes in different forms. Tell me, how many vacation have you taken this year? Summer is over.

Thanks.
I am humble.
Photo credit: Pixaby


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...